www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:27 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Well, I left sunny San Diego back in Aug of '92 when I headed out to boot camp...after 20 years of longing to get back home (or at least back to the SoCal area), it looks like that time is coming.

I took a job with eBay last year and this year they are moving the NOC from Denver CO to Austin TX. Now I know this isn't SoCal...so to make a short story long...the only reason I haven't moved back was due to the x-wife's family being in the Denver area, then because I didn't want to move the kids away from there mom after I became a single dad of 2 and she got to see them every other weekend (ok, not going there...).

So I have remarried and the kids are much older and wiser about their mom and this move drops in our lap. My son will be a senior in high school next year so we don't want to move before he graduates. The plan is for my wife and the 2 kids to stay in Denver so he can graduate and then they would move down spring of '13 while I commute back and forth since I work a 5 on / 5 off schedule.

Forget that...we're going to do the commute thing until the kids finish school next year but instead of them moving down to Austin, I'm going to find something in the SoCal area for work and we'll all move to SoCal spring / summer of '13...

We're so stoked about this...my wife is from the south bay area (Torrance) and both our families and all our real friends are out there!

Looking forward to being able to be an actual part of this club, although not sure what chapter yet...

See, short story long and I could keep going...

http://www.thelowlightbus.com (a work in progress)

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

=D>

Good thing you have some sort of a plan! The best of luck to you all!!! :cool:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:44 am 
Board Member

best of luck and hope I get to meet you.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:39 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

You'll be closest to Orange County and we're the best part of the club anyway, so join us when you can!

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:38 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Thanks! We're really looking forward to it!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

So my membership ran out and I forgot to send in the renew dues...they are on the way...!!!

Update on the "moving back home" plan...

I was offered a job with eBay in San Jose, starting sometime middle to late August. My wife is going to stay here in Denver with the kids so my son and graduate high school and my daughter junior high and start high school out in SoCal.

I will be living in my bus and bumming a couch here and there until they can move next June. We will be relocating to the south bay / orange county area...***any good leads on home rentals in those area's***

Since I will be working a 3on 4off / 4on 3off schedule, I will be able to fly home for semi regular visits and commute from LA to SJC once we get moved.

It's taken some time to get things to fall together (the X moving out of state, the bus finally get to a point where completion is in sight, my wife's old job letting her know there is a job waiting for her when we get there, the kids being more exceptable to the idea more and more as we make more and more visits to SoCal to see friends and family...yada, yada, yda...)

Ramble, ramble, ramble...

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 am 
Board Member

OK I am in El Paso now so I can't send your membership info until next week. I take it I will still be sending everything to Co?

Glad to hear about the job and sorry that your family can't come until next year. Good luck and safe travels.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?