www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:39 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Posts: 2248
Location: Ocean Beach
There is a long thread on The Samba about replacement fuel pumps and pressure. The long-missed Barry is a prime contributor to that thread.

_________________
Larry in OB
1967 Single Cab, 1969 Westfalia and (**gasp**) 2002 Eurovan Camper
Just for a day I wish he would not talk or tweet. Just one day, please.
SV2s Member #401


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:22 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7305
Location: Oceanside, CA
electric fuel pump

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2971
Location: On the Point.
der58SC wrote:
electric fuel pump

If You are saying David has an EFP, then the pressure should be checked.

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7305
Location: Oceanside, CA
no I am saying get one. You know when it is pumping and when it is not.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:17 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10563
Location: Sun Diego
Mixed feelings on electric fuel pumps. While it’s good to have one “just in case...”, they can fail just the same. BTDT! Once just going to lunch from work in the Dormy, the engine quit right at the gate. :-x

Got it going enough to make it to the peep boys and bought an electric pump. Well, that bish failed not too long after. :roll:

Have had the same issue with the Bug. On it, I do have an electric pump “in line” but also have a mechanical pump. If it fails on the road, I just connect a wire to the coil and away I go! :cool:

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:00 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Posts: 2248
Location: Ocean Beach
So David - any luck getting the Green Machine to fire up?
Do you have spark? Use Ether? (Ohhhh, the smell.....)

_________________
Larry in OB
1967 Single Cab, 1969 Westfalia and (**gasp**) 2002 Eurovan Camper
Just for a day I wish he would not talk or tweet. Just one day, please.
SV2s Member #401


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7305
Location: Oceanside, CA
pyrOman wrote:
Mixed feelings on electric fuel pumps. While it’s good to have one “just in case...”, they can fail just the same. BTDT! Once just going to lunch from work in the Dormy, the engine quit right at the gate. :-x

Got it going enough to make it to the peep boys and bought an electric pump. Well, that bish failed not too long after. :roll:

Have had the same issue with the Bug. On it, I do have an electric pump “in line” but also have a mechanical pump. If it fails on the road, I just connect a wire to the coil and away I go! :cool:


I have only had one fail on me in all the years I have been driving VWs. 2 if you count the one in my Jetta. The camper still has the manual pump in it. If it ever goes I will replace it with an electric pump possible.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:47 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
Just replaced all metal fuel lines with soft lines, drained all the fuel from the gas tank and installed new filters.....Nada
I even switched the lines top to bottom/bottom to top.....Nada
I left the fuel line from pump to carb off to see if it's pumping out and....Nada, no fuel being pumped out.
It got late so I didn't get the chance to take the fuel pump off to inspect it(It's new).

The saga continues.

I'll be looking at an EFP if this pump is no Bueno.

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:38 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
The "New" fuel pump was the culprit. Ivan stopped by yesterday with one of his, a quick install and the sumbich fired right up. We'll I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Adjusted the brakes, gassed her up and now I have a truck for moving duties in about a week. Yahoooooo. \:D/

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:22 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Posts: 2248
Location: Ocean Beach
iveedubbin wrote:
The "New" fuel pump was the culprit. Ivan stopped by yesterday with one of his, a quick install and the sumbich fired right up. We'll I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Adjusted the brakes, gassed her up and now I have a truck for moving duties in about a week. Yahoooooo. \:D/


Moving? Where to?

_________________
Larry in OB
1967 Single Cab, 1969 Westfalia and (**gasp**) 2002 Eurovan Camper
Just for a day I wish he would not talk or tweet. Just one day, please.
SV2s Member #401


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:38 am 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
OB Bus wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
The "New" fuel pump was the culprit. Ivan stopped by yesterday with one of his, a quick install and the sumbich fired right up. We'll I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Adjusted the brakes, gassed her up and now I have a truck for moving duties in about a week. Yahoooooo. \:D/


Moving? Where to?


Bought a house in Allied Gardens. \:D/

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:02 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:09 pm
Posts: 2248
Location: Ocean Beach
Good for you and the family! :grin: \:D/

_________________
Larry in OB
1967 Single Cab, 1969 Westfalia and (**gasp**) 2002 Eurovan Camper
Just for a day I wish he would not talk or tweet. Just one day, please.
SV2s Member #401


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:24 am 
Offline
Sunshine
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:25 am
Posts: 2844
Location: San Diego
iveedubbin wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
The "New" fuel pump was the culprit. Ivan stopped by yesterday with one of his, a quick install and the sumbich fired right up. We'll I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Adjusted the brakes, gassed her up and now I have a truck for moving duties in about a week. Yahoooooo. \:D/


Moving? Where to?


Bought a house in Allied Gardens. \:D/


Congrats! Nice area.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:30 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3363
Location: San Diego
Dan wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
iveedubbin wrote:
The "New" fuel pump was the culprit. Ivan stopped by yesterday with one of his, a quick install and the sumbich fired right up. We'll I'll be a monkeys uncle.

Adjusted the brakes, gassed her up and now I have a truck for moving duties in about a week. Yahoooooo. \:D/


Moving? Where to?


Bought a house in Allied Gardens. \:D/


Congrats! Nice area.


Way to go Lopez Family!!
House warming party!!??

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:35 pm 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2971
Location: On the Point.
Congratulations David and Candice.

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7305
Location: Oceanside, CA
kick BOOTIE man on the fix and the house! Let me know if you need help drinking beers and eating pizza.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm 
Offline
Webmaster
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 10:27 pm
Posts: 4074
Location: Cruising in my 63, or 57.
Thanks all, will have to plan something especially since Turbo_g is "Da man" that helped make this happen. :grin:

_________________
SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group