www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 am 
Board Member

so still hacking away at the SC to get it done. Thought I possibly had the wrong backing plates on it, after some searching on TheSamba I found that I do have the correct backing plates. I just need a new e-brake cable to replace the one I used when it was lowered.

Today I will get the cable, new hard brake line, and some other parts to put this bad boy together and hopefully have it driving by this weekend.

How much gear oil do I put in the reduction boxes? I usually top of the trans by putting oil in until it comes out of the fill hole. I have never had to fill the reduction boxes.

oh and I almost forgot. I installed my new interior LED lights. They operate by AA batteries so they will not kill the bus battery. Multiple color light options and patterns. Looks like a club now in my bus. :lol:

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:19 am 
Board Member

der58SC wrote:
How much gear oil do I put in the reduction boxes?

.53 pints

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:53 am 
Board Member

Thanks Chris.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Should do the RGBs first, then fill the center section. :neutral:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:41 am 
Board Member

so I wrenched on the SC some more. Got the trans and RGB filled with gear oil, installed the new shift rod, coupler, installed the shifter, and went to install the brake cables and found that the 55-59 cable is too short by an inch and the 59-60 cable is too long by 2 inches. Yet the cable I had in there for when it was lowered fit perfectly and was the same length as the 55-59 cable. Turns out the bowden tube is shorter on the lowered cable. Once I get the cables fixed and the brakes bled (I have to get a hard line) then the SC will be ready to leave the coop.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 pm 
Board Member

finished putting the SC back together since tomorrow it will go to its new owner. Drove it around the neighborhood a few times. Feels really weird to be so high.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:02 am 
Board Member

der58SC wrote:
finished putting the SC back together since tomorrow it will go to its new owner. Drove it around the neighborhood a few times. Feels really weird to be so high.

Stop doing drugs...haha!! post a pic!

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:35 am 
Board Member

Well here is a shot at the new owners house...

I guess I need to change my screen name now. :sad:

Yesterday I towed the SC up to Bakersfield to meet my friend and give him the SC. So now that it is out of my life for good, I am sad. I had that SC for 18 years. I'm going to miss her.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:49 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

It’s sitting very high out back. Is the motor out of it? :???:

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:11 am 
Board Member

pyrOman wrote:
It’s sitting very high out back. Is the motor out of it? :???:

nope the motor is in it. In fact it didn't drop at all when I put the engine in and drove it around. I think I index the plates wrong but Andrew (new owner) loves it.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:14 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Sad to say goodbye but filled with good memories. What's up with the back wheel? Does it always sit like that?

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:41 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

der58SC wrote:
I am sad. I had that SC for 18 years. I'm going to miss her.

I know the feeling. I had my double door for twenty six years when I sold her. It was the worst feeling watching her go and even worse a year later when I saw her fixed up for sale. I almost didn't recognize her.

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:27 pm 
Board Member

Sue, I think I set the spring plates too high. Andrew the new owner likes it since it will allow him a little more clearance when he uses the truck to work.

Sad thing is that he was taking it to the gas station today and something blew in the front brakes resulting in no brakes at all. This truck is pissed at me for trading her.

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:54 am 
Board Member - SD Chapter Rep.

I'm getting ready to repaint the roof rack. Chris Cross can you post up the name of the paint you used to paint yours.

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." --W. Shakespeare

SV2s # 393

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:05 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Had to replace the battery in the Plump Truck a while back. The Optima Red top Juan in the Dormy had been so good that I went and got a new one but putting it in the Dormy, then the used one in the Plump Truck.

Been all going well up until a last week... After sitting for a week or so, I went to fire up the Dormy but the newer battery was dead! Having to jump it, after the day, decided to get it replaced. Took it to the place Saturday but the parts kid “checked it” and said it was good. I told him that was only because it had been just charged but it would not hold the charge after a couple of days. He said he couldn’t exchange it because the tester called it good but to try to come back Monday and talk to the manager. Okay.

So, just to make sure, I connected a fan to it and let it run until the voltage went down under 10 volts! :twisted:

Went in today and when the kid plugged it to the tester... “Yep! It’s no good!” and I got my new battery lickitty split! :razz:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:04 am 
Sunshine

pyrOman wrote:
Had to replace the battery in the Plump Truck a while back. The Optima Red top Juan in the Dormy had been so good that I went and got a new one but putting it in the Dormy, then the used one in the Plump Truck.

Been all going well up until a last week... After sitting for a week or so, I went to fire up the Dormy but the newer battery was dead! Having to jump it, after the day, decided to get it replaced. Took it to the place Saturday but the parts kid “checked it” and said it was good. I told him that was only because it had been just charged but it would not hold the charge after a couple of days. He said he couldn’t exchange it because the tester called it good but to try to come back Monday and talk to the manager. Okay.

So, just to make sure, I connected a fan to it and let it run until the voltage went down under 10 volts! :twisted:

Went in today and when the kid plugged it to the tester... “Yep! It’s no good!” and I got my new battery lickitty split! :razz:

I wonder how many batteries these geniuses exchange from cars with bad alternators?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 am 
Board Member

maybe I should try this with my burnt redtop battery I have. :lol: :lol:

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:32 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Well, plan "D"... :roll:

While the 1800 did very well in the Bug, it proved to be quite a bit gutless in pushing the Dormy around. Granted, once rolling it would go but loose power on the grades. Maybe having the IRS didn't help it any. :???:

So, today the 2276 is back in the Dormy, leaking and stuff but providing the power it (and myself) is accustomed to. :-P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159