www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:59 am 
SV2s Noobie

I'm gathering some quotes and recommendations to get a little bodywork done on my bus. I was thinking I'd like to check on the forum here not only for recommendations, but if anyone on the forum actually does paint and/or bodywork and is looking for work. I've got only a few photos of the bus right now, but can get more detailed pics in a week or so. I'm not really particular that it be in a professional shop, as long as the work is done by someone experienced and it's a professional looking job. So if it's sidework for somebody, that's ok too. This isn't going to be a show bus, but of course just like everyone I want my bus to look as nice as I can afford to have it look. Maybe I can save a few bucks over shop prices and give the business to a fellow sv2-er, so it's a win-win. I'm on the penninsula, but can travel anywhere in the Bay Area, including Sacramento, or far south-bay or east-bay if neccessary. Let me know if anyone can help out or even make a good recommendation.

The img code wasn't working for me to post the pictures, but here's a link to all the pics: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=a3 ... &disp=imgs

Thanks.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

The link requires your username and password.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 am 
SV2s Noobie

thanks, I thought I had tested the link and could access it without the login. I'll find another way to post the pics shortly.
[/img]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:02 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Load them up into our gallery here. You can do it under the proper subject i.e. "camper", "deluxe", etc., or under your very own personal gallery! :cool:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:07 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

I use Photobucket. It's a cinch. And it's free. None of this uploading to the gallery stuff needed.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:32 am 
Webmaster

suebug wrote:
I use Photobucket. It's a cinch. And it's free. None of this uploading to the gallery stuff needed.

Most of us, especially from work computers, Photobucket, or any other photo hosting sites are blocked from work. The sv2s galleries are not blocked.

Just FYI :grin:

SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:13 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

iveedubbin wrote:
suebug wrote:

Most of us, especially from work computers, Photobucket, or any other photo hosting sites are blocked from work. The sv2s galleries are not blocked.

Just FYI :grin:

YWHS! :razz:

Thanks for NOT sharing. :???:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:48 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Silly me. I thought work computers were for work.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:25 pm 
Webmaster

suebug wrote:
Silly me. I thought work computers were for work.

They are for work......working on SV2s stuff. :lol:

SV2s Member #239
1957 Single Cab

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 pm 
Webmaster

adam wrote:
I'm gathering some quotes and recommendations to get a little bodywork done on my bus. I was thinking I'd like to check on the forum here not only for recommendations, but if anyone on the forum actually does paint and/or bodywork and is looking for work. I've got only a few photos of the bus right now, but can get more detailed pics in a week or so. I'm not really particular that it be in a professional shop, as long as the work is done by someone experienced and it's a professional looking job. So if it's sidework for somebody, that's ok too. This isn't going to be a show bus, but of course just like everyone I want my bus to look as nice as I can afford to have it look. Maybe I can save a few bucks over shop prices and give the business to a fellow sv2-er, so it's a win-win. I'm on the penninsula, but can travel anywhere in the Bay Area, including Sacramento, or far south-bay or east-bay if neccessary. Let me know if anyone can help out or even make a good recommendation.

The img code wasn't working for me to post the pictures, but here's a link to all the pics: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=a3 ... &disp=imgs

Thanks.

Sorry for the banter on here, to answer your original question, I personally don't know anyone in your area that does bodywork and paint. If someone does, please chime in.

We do have a gallery on the forums, and any forum member can create an account and upload pictures.

Here is the link to the galleries, just scroll down to create your own gallery.
http://sv2s.com/community/album.php

SV2s Member #239
1957 Single Cab

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:38 am 
Board Member - SD Chapter Rep.

We used Johnny from Crayton's Auto Shop to paint our bus. He does real nice work at a very reasonable price. I had already done all the body work my self so he just had to shoot it. Here is his information if you want to give him a call.

Crayton's C&C Auto Shop
3287 F Street Suite K
San Diego, CA 92102
619-232-3661 business line

Good luck,

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." --W. Shakespeare

SV2s # 393

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 pm 
SV2s Noobie

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a try- I am still looking for the paint and bodywork.

I finally got all my photos uploaded on another site. Anyone interested can check out the pics here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3122766

Thanks all.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Kind of old thread, but I was wondering if anyone has had paint work done recently and could give a recommendation of a professional painter around in sd? or oc?

also how much are we talking? the last vw i had painted was my 61 rag top in 1989...ok? so instead of looking like a SILLIE WILLIE, i'd like to ask like a SILLIE WILLIE...what should i expect for paint prep and a spray job of the original m code paint?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

iveedubbin wrote:
Here is the link to the galleries, just scroll down to create your own gallery.
http://sv2s.com/community/album.php

Maybe it's just me or should I say my computer, but .....

Quote:
Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I also can't see the FF16 flyer.

Now back to your regular scheduled conversation.

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Must be some kinda filter. I still don't see it at work but at home it shows. FWIW Fish, it really looks cool! :cool:

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:20 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

I get the same message for all of the photo pages "currently not available" what gives????

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:56 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Adam needs some of the Bay area guys to chime in he's in Daly City. I however will take the moment to hijack his thread to say .. I too need a body guy. I need someone who wants to pick up side job $ looking to save a buck and give all the money to the said body guy and not a shop that will only give body guy a portion. If anyone knows someone interested in welding a new BOOTIE end on my bus I am looking. Bonzigh needs to roll again.

SV2s Member #424

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:14 pm 
SV2s Graucho

suebug wrote:

i love photobucket,especially since after about 30 days they dump your pictures and you get a box with a big red X in it. saves me from getting tired of looking at them, now if posted to the samba or sv2s they are here forever.

SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:40 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

funny how everyone keeps talking about computer stuff and all anyone wants on here are body/paint shop recommendations. wish I had one to give.....

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:31 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

deepseeman1 wrote:
funny how everyone keeps talking about computer stuff and all anyone wants on here are body/paint shop recommendations. wish I had one to give.....

True that! :roll:

Let's try to keep it "in subject". I don't know personally of any shop so I can't really offer any leads. However, Rob just gave one up in a few posts up. You could also googoolit or use the old school telephone book. Once you find one that may be considered, go check it out, see the cars they are working on, ask them for references as in cars that they have already done so you can see the final product, and if possible, ask the owners of said cars how satisfied they are. If the shop sound reluctant to give you this info, then they do not sound like they stand behind what they offer. Move on! Good luck with your search. :cool: