www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:16 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:30 pm
Posts: 493
A intake leak will also cause cutting out and back firing, check the selenoid is tight on carb and vacuum hose'(s) also mounting bolts. Spray carb cleaner around intake and carb while running, if it revs up, there's a leak.

_________________
Member# 142


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:37 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2951
Location: On the Point.
der58SC wrote:
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.


Coil.

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.


Coil.



:-k :-k I will have to bring a second one along when I check the other things and if it dies again, I will swap it out.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2951
Location: On the Point.
der58SC wrote:
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.


Coil.



:-k :-k I will have to bring a second one along when I check the other things and if it dies again, I will swap it out.


Coils get old and they aren't good at taking repeated shocks over and over. That's why Baja racers have two coils mounted next to each other so you can easily plug the wires from one to the other.

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:40 pm 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:30 pm
Posts: 3342
Location: San Diego
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.


Coil.



:-k :-k I will have to bring a second one along when I check the other things and if it dies again, I will swap it out.


Coils get old and they aren't good at taking repeated shocks over and over. That's why Baja racers have two coils mounted next to each other so you can easily plug the wires from one to the other.


Pretty sure the lowered SC is not that smooth of a ride :???: but you look :cool: !

_________________
Slayer Out!!!
(Chris C.)

"Marine Sniper - You can run, but you'll just die tired!"

56 Kombi (The Slayer Bus)
65 Sundial Camper
68 Single Cab
61 Rag Top
03 Passat
SV2s Member #231


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:41 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Slayer wrote:
Pretty sure the lowered SC is not that smooth of a ride :???: but you look :cool: !



I like the look and it makes me happy. Yes I look cool and happy. :cool:

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:20 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2951
Location: On the Point.
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
Fish wrote:
der58SC wrote:
it was only backfiring when it would cut out or I was trying to "push" start it. It was not backfiring under normal conditions. It would hit a bump and die. Sometimes starting back up again or not.


Coil.



:-k :-k I will have to bring a second one along when I check the other things and if it dies again, I will swap it out.


Coils get old and they aren't good at taking repeated shocks over and over. That's why Baja racers have two coils mounted next to each other so you can easily plug the wires from one to the other.


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 am 
Offline
SV2s Forums Regular
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 am
Posts: 2951
Location: On the Point.
Never mind.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1807&start=2880

I thought you checked all the simple stuff first?

_________________
Prosit!

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:55 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
Fish wrote:
Never mind.

http://www.sv2s.com/community1/viewtopi ... start=2880

I thought you checked all the simple stuff first?



Since I have never had the motor act like this when the dizzy has moved, I did not think to check it. Of course the true test is to take it on a drive to Julian but that will not happen any time soon.

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 am
Posts: 10414
Location: Sun Diego
der58SC wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Pretty sure the lowered SC is not that smooth of a ride :???: but you look :cool: !



I like the look and it makes me happy. Yes I look cool and happy. :cool:



"All dressed up... and nowhere to go!" :-P

_________________
The difference between a philanthropist and a liberal is that a philanthropist is generous with his own money.” Jack Kelly


Top
 Profile  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 am 
Offline
Board Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:07 am
Posts: 7209
Location: Oceanside, CA
pyrOman wrote:
der58SC wrote:
Slayer wrote:
Pretty sure the lowered SC is not that smooth of a ride :???: but you look :cool: !



I like the look and it makes me happy. Yes I look cool and happy. :cool:



"All dressed up... and nowhere to go!" :-P



yes sir

_________________
-- William --
Your new SV2 Club Treasurer

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group