www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Phatchicks
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:24 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Strictly Vintage 2s was originally intended for split windsheild buses only. However, we already have members whose only vehicle is a fatchick, while others have one or more in their "stables". So it stands to reason that since fatchicks are fast becoming "vintage" we should consider the opinion of our members as to including the red headed step child in our official club charter. :?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:28 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Yes! I think we should include Bay Window Buses from 1968 To 1971. Then maybe in 10 years we should consider the large tail light square bumper bus.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:01 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Sounds like a "good" suggestion!?! :?

Let's have more input here guys! :roll:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:36 am 
SV2s Noobie

Well, considering my Bay is a '68....uhhh... I'm in. :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 6:35 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

:D skent nice pic of you bus. do you have any more?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 8:21 am 
SV2s Noobie

Eric- Check out my web site. Here's a link to the "photo" section:

http://homepage.mac.com/skenterprise/photos.htm

There's only two others up..at the moment. :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:12 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

Very cool skent. A musician too! My girl friend Angel and I also play. I have been playing guitar for 25 years and so has Angel. She owns a couple of Paul Reed Smiths. Maybe we could jam at one of our SV2s camp outs.....ERik :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:55 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Stir, stir, stir.

I guess it's time to alienate myself (what's new!), I voted "No". If you drive a Bay that's fine, I have even had a few, but as the name implies, this is a "strictly vintage type2" club. It's bad enough we are "OK" with customs, but now we have to include later buses? Just kidding, that was for Scott.
Seriously, those that know me know that I prefer stock buses and to me, including Bay Window buses is like a Mustang Club welcoming Mustang II's. Sure they share the same name but the second generation vehicles lost a bit of the luster. There is a club for bays already; LIMBO.

Flame on friends.

62 SO34
65 SO42
60 Type 26 ugly but driveable
68 Squareback
73 Thing

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:31 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Oooooh! BURN!!! :shock:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:33 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Also interesting, there's 5 votes but only 4 poeple posting. Uhm! :?

At least you didn't choose the last option! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:52 am 
SV2s Noobie

Eric- I'd love to jam. It's been so long since I've camped out and had an acoustic jam. It would be really fun. Maybe at FamilienFest? I just bought a Superior Weissenborn I'm really excited about learning to play it. I'll bring that along.

Crofty- I definately understand your point. That's what a specific club is all about. I'm just happy you guys let me in. After seeing all those pre-68's at OCTO last month though, really gets me thinking about getting an older bus. You never know.... :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:28 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Many of our members have started with a fatchick and have found a split through our club. Some are yet to get either, for they don't even have a bus at all. No harm no foul. Our members are obviously interested or have the same sentiments in common. So in esense we don't "not allow" anybody as long as we have the same interest. The "question" did come up in a passing conversation so I thought a survey was the next best thing to put out there. :)

There are more than five members in this club and this is NOT MY OWN website! :? (Thought it may seem at times that I'm the only one posting!?! :roll: )

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:02 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

I voted no. I think the club should stay as is, a pre-68 bus club. As it is, almost all evidence of SV2s being a pre-68 bus club has been removed from the web site. Has it become politicaly incorrect to say, "I like split window busses better than bays!"? I do not care what vehicle a SV2s member drives, as long as they have an interest in early busses. There's my $.02.

Member #381

Post subject: Bay windows
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:21 pm 
I voted yes for 68 to 71 as Ihave one of each split and bay which ever the club decides is fine with me, as the club acepts members with intrest insplitwindows camping ect. I find my self with 3 gutars at present need to sell 2 if any one is interested I I can bring onme to fam fest.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:16 am 
SV2s Noobie

Since when has a bay window been called a fatchick!?! Huh? What kind of a name is that? I must really be out of the loop with the latest VW lingo :?

I voted "I don't know" because I didn't know we really had any restrictions on bay windows in the first place. Heck, I know of a member who goes to the campouts in a motorhome!! :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:16 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Wilder wrote:
Since when has a bay window been called a fatchick!?! Huh? What kind of a name is that? I must really be out of the loop with the latest VW lingo :?

I voted "I don't know" because I didn't know we really had any restrictions on bay windows in the first place. Heck, I know of a member who goes to the campouts in a motorhome!! :lol:

The term was coined from an old, old joke about mopeds and big girls. I thought that SV2s was a club for '67 and earlier Buses but ownership was not mandatory. I could have sworn that that was printed somewhere. In the By-Laws maybe? I forget.

62 SO34
65 SO42
68 Squareback
73 Thing

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:44 am 
SV2s Noobie

Yeah, it's probably in there somewhere. I personally like the splits, but lately I pass a bay window double cab on the freeway a couple times a week and it is really cool looking!! I give him the thumbs up every time :) he must think I'm nuts...

I guess eventually the bays will have to be considered vintage, right? Vanagons are still pretty new, but the bays are getting up there in age. :idea: Maybe we should wait until 2008, when the bay windows are 30 years old, to allow them in the club!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:50 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Wilder wrote:

Yeah, "F C" isn't very "P C" now is it?

# 156
# 303

A witty saying proves nothing....... Voltaire.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:20 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Fish wrote:
Wilder wrote:

Yeah, "F C" isn't very "P C" now is it?

You can say that but it's all "B S" to me! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:37 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

Wilder wrote:
Yeah, it's probably in there somewhere. I personally like the splits, but lately I pass a bay window double cab on the freeway a couple times a week and it is really cool looking!! I give him the thumbs up every time :) he must think I'm nuts...

I guess eventually the bays will have to be considered vintage, right? Vanagons are still pretty new, but the bays are getting up there in age. :idea: Maybe we should wait until 2008, when the bay windows are 30 years old, to allow them in the club!

Age has nothing to do with it, it's asthetics. The lines on a bay mimick a split but lost a lot when the body style changed over in '67.

62 SO34
65 SO42
68 Squareback
73 Thing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next