www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:15 pm 
Board Member

Slayer wrote:
It looks really Pyro, I might do it to my SC?!

I think Slayer might be drunked too. :lol:

Shawn
Member #420
'65 SC (now Louis's)
'68 Westy!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

DONE!!! Next is to drive it! :razz:

Here's the "fixed" roller to cover the low grooves:

And the rest is history!!! :cool:

Actually "next" is rebuilding the Bug's engine. :sad:

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:18 pm 
Webmaster

=D> =D> =D> =D>

SV2s Member #239
1963 Camper - Dormobile(Almost)
1957 Single Cab
1965 Apache Trailer - Silver Eagle

"Camping, cheaper than therapy" - Bill May

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:42 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Thanx! You can see it up close at the next meeting! :cool:

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:41 am 
Board Member

So curious as to why you did not coat the gates. Was it simply because of the cost?

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

No need. Plus I barely had enough for the NINE foot bed! A couple of cans of undercoating might be good enough for them though. :-k

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 am 
SV2s Forums Regular

My fingertips hurt just looking at that.

'60 Single cab
2000 New Beetle

SV2s #202

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:48 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

I thought I had posted about these carbs before but can't seem to find it now!?! :-k

Anyway, after some trial and error got the dual progressive Webers working on teh Plump Truck. Though they worked okay, the performance left much to be desired and the milage was not much different than with the Dellortos. So, I passed them on to Turbo's Hatchnitz and installed a single 30PICT2 for "economy". What a mistake! :shock:

Performance, well, there wasn't any! On top of that, the milage was still the fricken same. So, if it will still have lousy milage, might as well have some performance to go with it! The Dellortos are back in service and are performing as they should! :razz:

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:00 pm 
Board Member

interesting Ivan. I have never seen dual carbs mounted like that. I like it.

SV2s #436

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea....does that mean that one out of five enjoys it?

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:00 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

The Plump Truck's engine is a used stocker. I'm sure they will perform much better in Turbo's 1776. :cool:

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am 
Sunshine

pyrOman wrote:
The Plump Truck's engine is a used stocker. I'm sure they will perform much better in Turbo's 1776. :cool:

So what is your mileage? I think I am getting about 17mpg with the dual K-duds on a 1776 with a freeway flyer trans the '65 S-roof standard. Mileage is much worse with the top open :grin:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Dan wrote:
pyrOman wrote:

So what is your mileage? I think I am getting about 17mpg with the dual K-duds on a 1776 with a freeway flyer trans the '65 S-roof standard. Mileage is much worse with the top open :grin:

I'm lucky to get around 13mpg. :sad:

The Dellortos are jetted on the "way" rich side. Don't drive it much so it's okay to live with that!?! :neutral:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:52 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Did a "slamma jamma" on the Plump Truck...

Even scrapped the muffler on the "curb-mascarading-as-a-driveway"! :-/

Did it the hard way! :evil:

That's a yard of gravel! Using it for scaping the land in the back yard. :cool:

Unread postPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:32 am 
Sunshine

Did you have to drive up any hills with that load?

Unread postPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:37 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

That certaintly coulda been an issue! :shock:

But alas, RCP is within a mere mile from my place! :grin:

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:53 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Man, the phatchick forum is well DEAD!!! :roll:

So, though I meant to start a technical thread on disc brakes, figured it better go here since they are phatchick brakes anyway! :???:

Actually, these will be going into the Dormy but then the juans they be replacing will be installed on the Plump Truck to replace the wandering drums. Had this set for quite a long time and finally decided to just get'R'don! The calipers, hubs, spindles and backing plates are powder coated. Got new seals as well as new FAGs (roller bearings) and new pads. Opted on just getting the right tool for the right job so instead of "hammering" the seats in place, I will get a hydraulic shop press. That also will require the proper drivers so I made those too, using some old brass weights. Unfortunately both local Harbor Freight stores are just out of the presses. Hopefully this weekend they'll get more. :neutral:

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:57 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Been driving the Plump Truck only twice a month when my landscape polak does his thing every other Wednesday. So on Tuesday, I fired it up, pulled it into the driveway, cleaned the windsheild and topped up the oil. All was fine. :cool:

In the morning (5:30) I take off for work. Running near empty, I kept it at a moderate speed but all of a sudden it seemed like losing power. Press on the pedal some but it keep slowing down. Then a nasty vibration sound came up quickly followed by swaying! I'm thinking "Shat! A wheel must be loose and about to come off!!!" :shock:

So I pulled off to the side with a quickness and began to check on the lug bolts. Come to the right rear and the bitch is totally flat! :-o

I'm surprised because these tires are like forkin new since I rarely drive the thing. At first I figured it's best to get off the freeway to swap in the spare and though I did try, I decided to not mess up the BRM wheel so I pulled to a spot where I could change it. :???:

Traffic is absolutely FLYING past me! Then, I could not find the stock lug bolts for the stock spare wheel. Decided to just call AAA and have it taken home. Once home, found the inner side of the tire was totally destroyed with chunks missing! Then a forkin screw came out of it! :roll:

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:42 am 
Board Member

dang!!! I always prefer the rear wheel to go flat than the front. I was drinking my coffee when my rear passenger side wheel popped. Spilled my coffee. Good thing I had a spare.

FYI if you drive slow enough, you will not damage your BRMs since the rubber was under the wheel. ;-)

SV2s #436

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:03 am 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Doubt it! The tire was pretty much gone and I was about a quarter mile or more away from the off ramp. Just 5 miles from home, tripOlay was the way to go! :cool:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next