www.sv2s.com

Strictly Vintage 2s
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What to do??
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

ok, here is my problem. i love my bus, but it really kills my left knee while operating the clutch pedal. if i can't resolve this problem, i will have to sell it. is there any way to adjust it or something, because it seems sort of stiff during operation. i really don't wanna get rid of it, so any advice will help. :? :? thanks!!! oh, i put this in this section since you guys are locals and if i need some mechanical help or something. thanks again.

jason

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:59 pm 
Pyromaniac, Certified!!!

Get a used pressure plate. Worst thing that can happen is that you would have to change the cluth disc more often. 8)

I have broken axles, cracked tranny cases in half, destroyed gears, and then some. Of course is all because of the way I drive :roll: but after having to replace one too many trannies, I decided to stick with the old tired pressure plate. Much cheaper and easyer to just change the clutch disc every so often! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:53 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

What all are the problems? You might or should go from front to back with a restore. The clutch arm pivot should be cleaned and greased. The cable and bowden tube should be greased and relatively new. The front clevis should be free and greased. The throwout arm should have a good bushing set and be greased along with the long style return spring. For a pressure plate I think the German Fischel & Sachs 3 arm style with diaphragm are far softer than the all the others. To me, this whole set up gives a super soft pedal with killer clutching.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:21 am 
SV2s Graucho

Barry wrote:
What all are the problems? You might or should go from front to back with a restore. The clutch arm pivot should be cleaned and greased. The cable and bowden tube should be greased and relatively new. The front clevis should be free and greased. The throwout arm should have a good bushing set and be greased along with the long style return spring. For a pressure plate I think the German Fischel & Sachs 3 arm style with diaphragm are far softer than the all the others. To me, this whole set up gives a super soft pedal with killer clutching.

true that-good advice on the pressure plate.

SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:04 pm 
SV2s Forums Regular

i think i will try that. i have an old one to use. what are the torques on the bolts for the pressure plate? if that doesn't work, i'll try the other options! thanks. jason :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:05 am 
SV2s Graucho

you can also get an irs lever with small hole and put it on trans. it will reduce pedal pressure by 40%. it is longer than standard arm = increases leverage= less pressure on leg to push it in.. OR take the early bent arm and lay it on a vise and pound it straight. it will decrease pedal effort by about 15-20%

SV2s member #341
1 of Joe Slack's "Real Deal Help Each Other out Members"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=453617